Our system solutions are additional components to the pyrometer which expedient extend the application range.
If there are any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us
LED digital display for panel mounting.
For use with a digital Sensortherm pyrometer and display of:
- Measuring temperature, pyrometer parameters, active limit switches
- Easy to read 4 digit, 7 segment LED display
- Automatic detection of Sensortherm pyrometers
- Access and settings of all pyrometer parameters without PC
- Additional parametrizing of the pyrometer utilizing SensorWin software
- 4 switch outputs
- Digital communication interface output RS232 /485 (switchable)
- Switchable from °C to °F
- Temperature display and analysis via SensorWin software
Regulus RF and RD are specially designed programmable PID controllers for use with a Sensortherm pyrometer and enable intelligent and very fast control processes. They are available in a compact panel mounting version or a desktop housing for use with two pyrometers and additional relays contacts.
- Regulus RF: PID program controller for panel mounting
- Regulus RD: PID program controller as bench top model
Typical application is the process control of nearly all heating processes
- Inductive soldering
- Laser soldering
- Soldering under inert gas
- Specific preheating and reheating of welding processes
- Adaptable to nearly every induction system (also for modernizing existing systems with manipulated variable input)
- Direct output of a continuously adapted 0-10 V manipulated variable for controlling the high-frequency generator or the power component
- Auto-Tune function for automatic determination of control parameters
- Additional connection of up to 2 thermocouples possible
- Extremely fast sampling time of 100 µs
- 990 program steps within 26 programs
- Automatic detection of Sensortherm pyrometers
- Thermocouple input (optional)
- Measurement range overlap control
- AutoTune function (automatic P-I determination)
- Multiple I/O’s: 7 digital outputs and 6 digital inputs
- Emissivity adjustable for every program step
- Easy programming via software
- Also for modernization of existing plants with control input
Additionally at desktop housing model RD
- Two pyrometers can be connected (e.g. to enlarge the overall temperature range)
- Up to two thermo couple inputs possible, type S or K
- 4 limit relays: 230 V, 6 A
SensorTools for Regulus is the standard software to program the Regulus, then the Regulus completely autonomously executes the programmed control steps. Operation with PC connection additionally allows direct visual control of a running process.
- Controller configuration
- Creating and saving programs
- Recording and storing of controlling and temperature processes for documentation purposes
- Presentation and interpretation of stored events
- AutoTune function for automatic detection of useful p and i values
Datasheet: Regulus RF / RD
Temperature Scanner Galaxy SC11 / SC12 / SC31 / SC32 for Metis Pyrometers
The Galaxy line scanner is used for continuous scanning of measurement objects and always detects the temperature on a line. The scanner can be combined with various Metis series pyrometers and is therefore suitable for the measurement of many different materials, depending on the choice of pyrometer.
The scanner is equipped with a stepper motor for extremely long service life and continuous 24/7 operation. Angular position and the scanning speed can be adjusted. In addition, up to 4 individual scanning areas can be defined for separate analysis. The step speed is adjustable between 1 and 4000 steps per second. The scan angle is split into 1600 single high-resolution steps: Models SC11 / SC12 between 3.6 and 90°, and Models SC31 / SC32 from 0.6 to 15°.
- SC11 / SC31: Operation via software or ASCII commands
- SC12 / SC32: Additional with four analog 0/4-20 mA outputs, digital display and pushbuttons to configure the system without computer.
An SC10 scanner is primarily used to detect the maximum temperature of objects, where at fixed aligned pyrometers the measuring object would move out of focus or cold parts of surfaces (e.g. scale) does not display the required measurement result.
Field of Application:
- Peak value temperature measurement over a large area
- Measurement of thin wires
- Detecting scale-free points on scaled metal surfaces
- Detection and measurement of hot spots
- Temperature peak detection of slabs, billets or steel strips
Heavy-Duty Measuring SystemThe Pyrometer Measuring System in Heavy Stainless Steel Design is designed for continuous temperature measurement in:
- Hot strip rolling mills
- Continuous casting plants
- Casting machines / automatic casting units
- Pipe welding machines
- similarly harsh industrial conditions
Precise measurements under hardest conditions:
- Use up to 250°C on the measuring head without additional cooling
- With ratio or radiation pyrometers for 2-color or 1-color IR measurements
- Extremely resistant stainless steel braided hose
- Air flushing and air purge of the optics system
- With high-speed models for measurements at high rolled strip speeds
The electronics of the measuring system is mounted in up to 30 meters in a protected position.
- Flexible application by remotely adjustable emissivity and innovative automatic process adaptation
- Special pouring stream mode available as an option
- Customer-specific recalibration possible
- Highly accurate measurements by latest processor technology and fully digital signal processing
- Fastest exposure times with smallest spot sizes
- Using the peak picker allows to detect even smallest scale cracks which represent the “real” temperature to be measured
In this application it is measured by the pyrometer from below of the strip, so that the measurement result is not affected by scale or water puddles on the strip. The evaluation unit is remotely installed in the control cabinet. The measuring tube is kept free from contaminants with flush air.
Heavy-Duty Measuring System
Steel industry temperature monitoring with well protected flexible pyrometer measuring systems.
A common use of AZ67 is for the quality assurance and logging in forging that measure a forgings blank and control a switch for the reject for non-compliance with the temperature required:
Too hot –> Reject
Too warm –> Reenters the circulation (parameter is optional available)
Good –> Production
Too low –> Can be re-heated and enters the circulation
Datasheet (German): AZ76